Wednesday, December 10, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things!

I was tagged by Jaqui!

Name 6 things that make you Happy!

1:
Hearing my children laugh. The most beautiful sound in the world. Besides hearing them cry, when they were born. And how frightened I was when Emery made no sound at all. My heart stopped beating, Thank God hers didn't. She is making up for her lack of noise that is for sure. I love it best when we all laugh together.

2:
Creating things, photography, art, poetry...I was born with a creative bone. It has always been something i love about myself. I take pride in the things I create (children included). haha



3: Death Cab for Cutie -

"Transatlanticism"


The Atlantic was born today and I'll tell you how...
The clouds above opened up and let it out.

I was standing on the surface of a perforated sphere
When the water filled every hole.
And thousands upon thousands made an ocean,
Making islands where no island should go.
Oh no.

Those people were overjoyed; they took to their boats.
I thought it less like a lake and more like a moat.
The rhythm of my footsteps crossing flatlands to your door have been silenced forever more.
The distance is quite simply much too far for me to row
It seems farther than ever before
Oh no.

I need you so much closer


I need you so much closer
So come on, come on

Their music makes me feel such a way that I can't put it into words. Which is rare for me. It reminds me of no one besides myself. I am almost certain that every single person that reads this has never heard them. Listen to this song. amazing. The entire album. oh man I could go on forever. 2004 brought me the soundtrack of my life.

4:
Typewriters... I wish I had more. I wish this blog had typewriter font. man oh man. I have an electric one that is amazing. And I have a vintage Singer one. I really need a Remington. When I use them I feel like Jane Austen or something. Like a "real" writer. haha

5:
Jackson Hole: I normally wouldn't put a place. But Jackson hole gives me a good feeling. I love it there, preferably in the winter. The last place I remember my parents being together was in Jackson. My dad was working there. Snow everywhere, we listened to "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" on the drive. Cody and I watched PeterPan on the pull out couch, and my parents made-out in the kitchen, like junior high kids, trying not to get caught. Being the grown up Shannon that I am, I am glad my parents aren't together, I wouldn't have Trish or Taylor in my life, but the Little girl that dwells inside of me, holds tight to this memory. Jackson Hole was also my own little family's first vacation together. Ironic eh.

6: Only six...darn.
Dresses. If you know me well, you know that I never wear jeans or pants at all for that matter. I love dresses, casual dresses, dressy dresses. I feel like a lady. When I have a dress on, I feel eloquent from the inside out.

I tag: Dev, Joni, Heidi, Ashley N. and...Megan H.



I also posted more photos on my blog...CLICK HERE to see them.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I've always thought you look so cute in dresses/skirts! I heard the quote, "Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects" we would both agree with that, eh? I only know a couple of Death Cab for Cutie songs, but like them. I am anxious to listen to that album. Also - Jackson Hole is the BEST!!!! I go every 4th of July. What a great escape. And you are by far one of the most creative people I've ever met - that's one of the biggest things I love about you. This was a fun tag.