Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pictures And Rant. 2nd post sorry!

having fun with daddy!!


Ha ha dirty hands...
And toe jam! Her toes make me laugh...
She looks like daddy here. I can see him in her...
Emery is a slobber doll!
I love this one!
I have been playing with Trish's camera. maybe one day i will be as good as Courtney!
And really quick I had some one tell me on mother's day of all days that I am too protective. And It took everything in me to just say "well they are my kids and i can be as protective as i want"


I don't care who the hell thinks i am too protective. I am certain everyone that thinks or has thought that never had one or TWO children premature and in the hopsital. Also born in the winter. Where every doctor adn nurse kept drilling me. Don't take them out. make people wear masks. no no no kids! Wash and sanitize. Don't pass them around. Their imune systems didn't get to finish developing. So get off your high horse and shut up already. THEY are mine. I suffered through the pregnancy, and labor of hell. And then I, ME ME ME, I had to wait 7 hours to touch Emery for the first time. And 24 hours to hold Ev. I am the one who threw up every single meal. drink anything every single day for 8 months. So yeah excuse me if i would like to ensure my kids stay healthy. how dare me huh?

Also April made a comment on her blog that pertains to this...
are YOU going to be there when my babies are screaming because they are sick?
NO

I AM!


So could you do me a favor and make sure your freaking kids wash their hands.
and one more thing...


SHUT UP!


whoa sorry. This has been bugging me for quite some time.

I no longer care what anyone else thinks.
I am a good mother.

4 comments:

RicAnn said...

A-Freakin-men!! When my little boy was a itty-bitty guy I was super protective and I got comments all the time. But I can honestly say he's only been sick 3 times and he is almost 2. So everyone needs to back off, and let people parent their own kids.

Shannon your girls are really really cute! They are welcome date my little boy any time :)

joni said...

Very good pictures! I totally agree... who has the right to tell you how to parent your children. I fortunately have never had anyone try to give my "advice" yet. And there's no way I would tell anyone that they're doing something wrong! Everyone is so different..

Devyn said...

people really dont know their place sometimes. good for you for sticking up for yourself!

moxie mama said...

i say part of being a mother is being protective! it's your job to watch over them and people really do need to just let you take care of your kids! i love the way you ended your post. ofcourse you're a good mother!!!! holy cow you've got double what i've got--i don't know how you even do it!